Keep on the Borderlands
The Kingdom Dice Game
Kingdom – The Dice Game
At the start of the game all players must roll 1D6, the person with the highest roll starts as the King/Queen and the player to his or her left is the Prince or Princess.
At the conclusion of each roll & bet sequence the King/Queen moves one player to the left and the game is concluded once all players have been King/Queen once.
Terms of a game such as bet limits, how much is needed for the pot, etc. are agreed at the beginning and cannot be altered until a new game begins.
Players have 5 dice each and roll them hidden from the other players, this is known as their Foundation.
The player with the best Foundation combination wins once dice are revealed.
The possible Foundations are as follows -
The Castle – 5 of a kind
The Moat – 4 of a kind
The Horse & Rider – 3 of a kind & 1 pair
The Road – 5 in order
The Knight – 3 of a kind
The Brothers – 2 pairs
The Peasant – 1 pair
The Widow – 1 high
You must pay to play, a minimum bet of an agreed amount is placed in the pot before a player may roll their Foundation.
Once all players have rolled the King/Queen has the right to reroll all their Dice but at the cost of putting into the pot once again. This is known as The Monarchs Prerogative.
The Prince/Princess starts the betting sequence which continues to the left.
Players may -
1. CHECK – If there is no wager on the current betting round, a player may check. The act of checking passes the action to the next person, immediately clockwise from the player. A check does not forfeit interest in the pot, only the current right to bet. If all active players check during a round of betting, the round is considered complete.
2. BET – If there is not yet a wager on the current betting round, a player may bet. If a player bets, the player immediately clockwise from him or her (and any subsequent players) may fold, raise, or call.
3. FOLD – The act of folding forfeits all interest in the pot and results in the loss of anything they may have bet thus far. A player who folds is not required or allowed to wager any further money during the current round and must wait for the next roll.
4. CALL – If there has been a bet on the current round of play, a player may call. The act of calling requires the player to match the current bet made by his or her opponent(s).
5. RAISE – If there has been a bet on the current betting round, a player may raise. The act of raising requires the Kingdom player to match the current bet, and then make a greater one. All subsequent players are required to call the raise or raise again (“re-raise”) to maintain interest in the pot.
Once all betting is completed players still active reveal their dice and the player with the best Foundation takes the pot. On the chance of a draw the drawing players may choose to split the pot or reroll the winner taking all.
Should you fold or be the winner as a result of all other players folding there is no need to show your Foundation.